June 10, 2013
1. Welcome and Introductions. Members present: Laurinda, Cassie S., Ed Burns, Beth O., Jean, Monique H., Katy B., Jessica K., Anne Y., Jenny H., Kelly F.
2. Recap of Last Meeting (5/13/13). Wish list, $500 from blowout to spend on music collection, DIY and Dream Cruise coming up, The FPL would like to sell books on amazon- need an account and a square.
3. Library Board Liaison Report. notes: FPL is looking for grant writing support. Re: presentation to City Council to present check for Books and Roses profits. Appt. must be made to appear on agenda June 24th at City Council from friends to the board rep Pat Dengate. Jenny may present. Let Eli and Noria know.
4. Library Staff Report. notes: FPL would like to apply for the Best Small Library in America. Application due in November.
5. Officer & Committee Reports
● Vice President. notes: talking about an appreciation event at Geary Park.
● Secretary- minutes approved.
● Treasurer. see report.
- Amazon Account. notes: Have Ed review info.
● Membership. notes: membership renewal policy needs to be formalized. A letter needs to go out asking for renewals.
● Book Store
- Donation Handling Procedures and Volunteers. notes: we are declining donations for now.
● Special Events. notes: see info below about Fall FFL Events.
● Public Relations
6. Action Items
● Recent Event Proceeds
● Fall FFL Events. notes: We will do a book sale at DIY fest. Costume sale early October- clothing racks needed. Hilton Fall Fest 10/5/13- should we do something for this event? Jessica will check about a booth.
● Ideas for Purchase (Electronic Marquee, Other)
● FFL Strategic Plan
- Volunteer Requests & Need for Volunteer Coordinator
● Other. notes: volunteer coordinator needed. Julie Updyke? Adrianna on the board?
7. Adjourn at 8:49 PM.
Next Regular Meeting: Monday, July 8th 2013, 7:00pm