Everybody who uses the library is a friend, but some of us have come together to go one step further. We are making Ferndale an even better place to live by building a local community organization to support our library’s mission to serve those who live and work in Ferndale by providing the best possible information and entertainment, arts and culture. We invite you to join us.
What do the Friends of the Library Do?
- We organize cultural, artistic and educational programs, and special events;
- We sell books and other donated items in our Friends shop and annual sales;
- We organize volunteers to meet library needs;
- We raise money to supplement library services;
What can you do to help the Friends?
- Volunteer your time to help us plan, organize and make our programs run smoothly;
- Volunteer your time to help us publicize our events and find new members and volunteers;
- Contribute money by signing up for a yearly Friends membership;
- Help us staff the Friends bookshop.
What do you get in return?
- Coupons for discounts on books in our Friends shop and booksales;
- The satisfaction of knowing that you have contributed to the lives of Ferndale residents by providing more options for their enjoyment of culture, arts, literature and information.
How much does it cost?
The Friends of the Ferndale Library has two membership categories: $10 and $20. The $10 membership applies to households of senior citizens, 65 and older or households of full-time students and the $20 membership applies to all other households. Membership applies to all members of a household so there is no need for spouses, roommates, siblings, children to pay for separate memberships unless they wish to do so. If you are able to donate above the level of the minimum membership dues, we encourage you to do so.
How do you join?
There are two ways :
- Join online:
Click here to fill out a form online and receive an invoice in the mail or print out the form and mail it in with a check.
Friends of the Ferndale Library
222 E. Nine Mile
Ferndale, MI 48220
Or simply bring it to the library and give cash or check (with a note specifying “Friends Donation” to a library or Friends of the Library representative.
To donate books, please bring any clean and desirable books (no textbooks please) to the Friends of the Library room in the library or email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange pickup.